Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Allium Purple Sensation Seeds

Last fall I planted Allium Purple Sensation bulbs I purchased at a local garden center in Chicago. Really pleased with the blooms I decided to save seeds from these bulbs and attempt to propagate them myself.

Allium Purple Sensation seeds need to undergo stratification so I will plant them in the fall where I want them to grow in the garden and let nature do the work. I should note that I've read that Allium Purple Sensation will not grow true from seeds. That means that the plants that are produced will not resemble the plants I collected seeds from 100%. The color won't be as bright or as nice but the way I look at it they're free plants so I can't complain.

If you're interested you can visit my MrBrownThumb blog and use the search box on the right hand side to see the images of Allium Purple Sensation growing in my garden.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites

Visit My Other Blogs